Mimaki USA, a leading manufacturer of wide-format inkjet printers and cutters, today announced the JFX200-2531 dual-bed UV-LED flatbed printer. Based on the popular JFX200-2513 printer, this model doubles the print area to increase productivity by enabling printing to continue from one origin while the other is prepared. This printer can be seen in the Mimaki USA booth #1961 at the Specialty Graphic and Imaging Association (SGIA) Expo, September 14-16, 2016 in Las Vegas.
The JFX200-2531 printer features dual origin points and a user-controllable, twin independent vacuum pump system that enables operators to position up to two 4-foot by 8-foot boards, multiple jigs or smaller pre-cut pieces onto the table for continuous printing. While one section (origin point) is printing, the operator can unload finished prints from the previous section and affix the next board or jig without stopping production. This 10-ft flatbed printer can also accommodate oversized sheets with a total printable area up to 98.4” wide x 122” long and up to 2” thick.
The JFX200-2531 printer includes a number of standard features designed to enhance productivity and expand operational efficiency. Features include threaded layout pins to ensure proper media registration at either origin point, and an ionizer bar to minimize static electricity and enhance image quality. Additionally, the low heat UV-LED lamps enable printing onto heat-sensitive substrates while delivering reduced energy consumption and a longer lamp lifetime. The table ships in two parts that are joined on-site so the printer can be installed with minimal or no modifications at most locations that have standard double doorway entrances.
Ink selection for a variety of applications
The JFX200-2531 printer can use a one of a number Mimaki original ink sets, depending on the application:
• For high scratch and chemical resistance: LH-100 ink; available in C, M, Y, K, W, Clear.
• For balanced adhesion and flexibility: LUS-150 ink; available in C, M, Y, K, Lc, Lm, W.
• For more flexible outdoor applications: LUS-200 ink; available in C, M, Y, K, W.
• For up to 350% elongation for thermoforming applications: LUS-350 ink; available in C, M, Y, K, W.
• Jettable primer is also available.
Includes Mimaki core technologies for high quality and productivity
• Mimaki Advanced Pass System (MAPS): utilizes an advanced algorithm pattern to reduce banding, delivering output that looks spectacular even at higher speeds. Combined with variable dot printing, resulting prints are smooth even in the mid-tones.
• Waveform Control (WFC): utilizes finely tuned frequencies for each ink’s specific gravity and viscosity to precisely shape and place individual drops, producing images that are optimized even at lower resolutions.
• Mimaki Circulation Technology (MCT): continuously circulates White ink and reduces the need for manual maintenance and waste.
• Nozzle Recovery System (NRS): assigns operational nozzles when an outage is detected, ensuring production and costs are not impacted.
The JFX200-2531 printer is expected to be available for order from select Mimaki authorized representatives in early November 2016.
Editorial Note: This post was shared by a member of the Package Design community and edited by our editorial staff. Do you have news to share with our readers or a package design project that you are especially proud of? Click here to learn how you can become a contributing member of the Package Designonline community.