The Flexible Packaging Association's 2009 State of the Flexible Packaging Industry Report is a key source of industry-based information for flexible packaging companies, purchasers of flexible packaging, industry investors, and Wall Street.
The Report is a benefit of FPA membership and electronic copies can be downloaded within the "Members Only" section of the FPA Web site, www.flexpack.org. Hard copies of the Report are available to non-FPA members for $3,500. The Report includes industry-based information and data from FPA's member-based State of the Industry Survey and non-member Industry Wide Converter Survey. The combined survey responses represent $15 billion of the total estimated $25.9 billion in flexible packaging industry sales. These results add significant credibility to the Report, which provides:
• A comprehensive view of the U.S. flexible packaging industry with additional perspective on global packaging.
• Industry data regarding growth, material use, operations, and flexible packaging M&A activity (2006-2008).
• Information on key end-use segments that comprise the flexible packaging industry by sales revenue and percentages.
• Figures on U.S. exports and imports (2008) and individual country trend data (1998-2008).
• An overview of issues and drivers revealed by both flexible packaging converters and suppliers.