Sun Chemical reinforced its commitment to customers in Latin America with the opening of six color centers.
Located in San Salvador, El Salvador; Mexico City, Mexico; Cali, Colombia; Lima, Peru; São Paulo, Brazil; and Santiago, Chile, the color centers will build the foundation for customers in the region to implement a digitally color-managed workflow.
In addition to managing customers’ regular color matching, the color centers are designed to train customers about Sun Chemical’s color services in its SunColorBox tool kit, including a customer site audit, a color audit, which digitally measures and captures a customer’s palette, and a full customized color management proposal to improve color quality, consistency and production efficiency at the customers' premises.
Some of the tools in the SunColorBox program include:
- SunDigiProof, which provides on-site, on demand, color-accurate proofs
- SunDigiGuide, a digital color standards book designed to help ensure accurate color communication between converters and their brand owner customers
- SunMatch, an online global color matching platform that reduces startup time on press and increases the use of ink returns, enabling full digital color communication between Sun Chemical and the customer’s location(s)
- Instruments and Color Software, tools that are needed to support and enable the proposed workflow
- PantoneLIVE, a cloud-based solution that enables the universal PANTONE color language to be accurately communicated across the entire packaging workflow — from design concept to retail store shelves.
“Many of our customers in Latin America are looking to implement a digitally color-managed workflow to ensure brand color accuracy across multiple locations,” President of Sun Chemical Latin America, Fernando Tavara said. “Our new color centers and the SunColorBox team will be the real difference maker in helping our Latin American packaging customers to take color management to the next level.”
To learn more about Sun Chemical’s new color centers and its SunColorBox tool kit, visit www.sunchemical.com/andigrafica or stop by Hall 17, Booth number 1509 during Andigráfica on June 2-5, 2015 at Corferias Convention Center in Bogotá, Colombia.
About Sun Chemical
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC group, is one of the world's largest producers of printing inks and pigments and a leading provider of materials to packaging, publication, coatings, plastics, cosmetics and other industrial markets. With annual sales of more than $3.5 billion, Sun Chemical has over 8,000 employees supporting customers around the world. Sun Chemical Corporation is a subsidiary of Sun Chemical Group Coöperatief U.A., the Netherlands, and is headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, U.S.A. For more information, please visit our web site at www.sunchemical.com.
Editor's Note: This post was shared by a member of the Package Design community. Do you have news to share with our readers or a package design project that you are especially proud of? Click here to learn how you can become a contributing member of the Package Design online community.